I just bought season 1 Master Chef India winner Pankaj Bhadouria’s cookery book last week.It has eye catching pictures with excellent recipes of all the Master chef anchor chefs recipe’s.So my daughter suggested me to try Ajwaini Murgh Pakode.Ajwaini Murgh Pakode is nothing but carom-seed flavoured chicken bites.So after our routine evening badminton play I fried this pakode for the hungry stomach’s and within fraction of few minutes there were only empty plates.
Recipe adapted from Chef AjayChopra
Chicken Breast pieces-cut into strips-250 g
Ginger-garlic paste- 3tsp
Oil for deep frying
Bengal gram flour-300g
Crushed roasted carom seeds(ajwain)-2tsp
Red chilly powder-2tsp
Roasted cumin powder-1tsp
- Wash the chicken ,pat dry and cut into strips
- Mix together the ginger garlic paste,lemon juice and salt.
- Rub the mixture into the chicken,and leave to marinate for 20 minutes.
- For the batter,mix together all the ingredients,except the mustard oil,till smooth.
- Heat the mustard oil,add to the batter and stir vigorously to mix.
- Heat the oil in kadai.
- Dip the marinated the chicken pieces into the batter and deep fry till golden brown.
- Remove with the slotted spoon and drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve it with green chutney or ketchup.