Bread biryani is one of my favourite biryani. I Just love to savor the crunchy bread croutons.This is one of the tastiest biryani that will leave you asking for more.I used to really enjoy the biryani served at the GSB weddings where they to used to garnish with bread croutons.Few restaurants in Mangalore too serve the biryani garnished with bread croutons,which I pick up exclusively and relish.When I prepare it at home I add lots of bread croutons.Best served with raita or any North Indian gravy.
India gate basmathi rice-2 cups
Veggies-2 cups(chopped carrots,beans,cauliflower,potatoes and green peas)
Deep fried bread croutons-1 cup
Onions-4 slit lengthwise
Crushed Garlic-10 -12
Coriander leaves-1/2 cup
Mint leaves-1/2 cup
Star anise -3
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Water-3 ½ cups
Salt –to taste
To be ground into paste:
Grated coconut-3 tsp
Fennel seeds-less than ¼ tsp
- Grind the ingredients mentioned to be ground into paste and keep it aside.
- Heat ghee in a deep bottomed pan and fry onions until pinkish in colour.
- Add garlic and fry for sometime,add mint and coriander leaves and fry for a minute.
- Add the paste and saute for a minute or two.
- Add veggies,washed rice,spices,cashews,raisins,turmeric powder and salt to taste.
- Add water,close the lid,higher the flame,once it boils,simmer and cook till done.
- Garnish with fried bread.