Dum aaloo is a classic North Indian dish prepared with baby potatoes with rich tomato based gravy.It is best served with rotis.
Recipe adapted from: Nita Mehta
Water melon seeds(magaz)-3tbsp
Garam masala powder-1tsp
Kashmiri chilly powder-1tsp
Coriander powder-1 tsp
Rice flour -4tsp
Coriander leaves-to garnish
Salt – to taste
- Prick the the potatoes,parboil, dry it on the kitchen towel, apply little salt and rice flour and deep fry and keep it aside.
- Grind onions and ginger together and keep it aside.
- Paste magaz seeds and cashews separately.
- Puree tomatoes or you can use 1 cup of ready made tomato puree.
- Heat ghee and saute the onion paste till the raw smell goes away.
- Add tomato puree,garam masala powder,coriander powder and kashmiri chilly powder and saute for few minutes.
- Add cashew and magaz paste and saute for few seconds.
- Add fried potatoes and water as much needed to adjust the consistency.
- Add salt and sugar to taste.
- Take a boil and keep the gravy thick.
- Garnish coriander leaves.