Egg fried rice is a popular dish from china.I prepared this on my daughters demand today.This fried rice is a healthy version since it contains eggs and vegetables. Using Colored capsicum makes the rice colorful and tasty.
Basmathi rice-1 ½ cups
Onions -2chopped lengthwise and 1 chopped finely
Garlic -4-5 chopped finely
Green capsicum-1/2 diced into small cubes
Yellow capsicum-1/2 diced into small cubes
Beans-4 chopped finely
Carrot-1 medium sized chopped finely
Pepper powder-1/2 tsp
Green chilly sauce-1/2 tsp
Chicken seasoning cube-1
Spring onion-3 chopped finely
- Clean,wash and soak rice in 5 cups of water for half an hour.
- Cook in sufficient boiling water until just cooked.
- Drain it in colander and run cold water and cool it completely.
- Break eggs in a bowl and whisk lightly.
- Heat ghee and fry chopped onion(1) till little pinkish in color.
- Add lightly beaten eggs ,salt to taste and a pinch of pepper stir continuously like scramble and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a wok ,add chopped garlic and saute for few seconds.
- Add onions and all the chopped vegetables and fry for 7-8 minutes on high flame.
- Add cooked rice,pepper powder,salt,soya sauce,vinegar,sugar,chicken cube,scrambled eggs and spring onions stirring and tossing continuously.
- Serve it hot.