Kadai means Indian wok and paneer means Indian cheese.Kadai paneer is a spicy dish with rich tomato based gravy.Paneer is made from milk and it is a good source of calcium.Most of the kids and adults love it.
Onion-1 (paste this)
Ginger garlic paste-2tsp
Tomato puree -2 tomatoes
Garam masala powder-1/4 tsp
Tandoori masala powder-1tsp
Coarsely ground pepper-1/4tsp
Hung curds-2-3 tsp
Sugar- a pinch
Coriander leaves –to garnish-2tsp
Kasuri methi(dried fenugreek leaves)-1 tsp
- Take ghee in a pan and fry the onion paste in low flame till the raw smell goes .
- Then add ginger garlic paste and tomato puree and fry for 7-8 minutes.
- Add all the spices one by one and fry for few more minutes.
- Then add diced onions and capsicum and fry for 7-8 minutes.
- Lastly add paneer,salt,sugar,hung curds,kasuri methi and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve it hot.
Tip :While adding kasuri Methi slightly toast it and add.
How to hang curds:
Take a muslin cloth and add the curds and tie it tightly and hang it in a clean place where there is height.
I hang it just above the sink.
Hang it for 1 -2 hours until the water drains completely.
You can store it in the fridge for your further use.