Badami nankatai is nothing but,Indian version of Almond cookies. Nankatai is baked in most of the Indian homes.Most importantly this is completely eggless and can be enjoyed by anyone.This cookie is filled with the aroma of ghee and cardamom flavor.I transformed the traditional nankatai to badami by adding Badam that is almonds and made the cookie rich in taste.So here I present you’ll one more eggless bake for the diwali.
Flour(maida)-250 gm (2 ½ cup)
Sugar-1 cup (powdered)
Ghee-150 gm (1 cup)
Baking soda (mitha soda)-1/2 tsp
Baking powder-1/2 tsp
Curd- 2 tsp( beat till smooth)
Almonds-1/4 cup(coarsely ground)
Green cardamom (elaichi) powder-1/4 tsp
- Sift flour with baking soda and keep aside.
- Beat ghee with baking powder till very soft and fluffy
- Add sugar gradually and beat till very fluffy.
- Add salt, cardamom,almonds and curd.
- Add flour, mix with a spoon and knead lightly.
- Add 2-3 tbsp water for a smooth soft dough.
- Make balls. Flatten balls.
- Sprinkle cardamom powder and give shallow cross cuts.
- Preheat the oven at 160 degree Celsius,arrange the nankatai on a greased baking tray by keeping little distance and bake at 160 degree Celsius for 20-25 minutes till edges turn golden.