Gajar ka halwa!yummmmmmmmmmm,that’s my first impression.Yes,a very simple Indian dessert prepared during festive season,but I don’t need any reason to prepare this delectable dessert only during occasions,for me anytime whenever I crave for it is a feast.And friends my blog looks incomplete without this beauty.I remember the time when I used to relish this sweety when my amma used to prepare this for us. Gajar means carrots and halwa is a sweet pudding.This dessert is associated from the state of Punjab in India.Carrot is a rich source of nutrients too.It contains Vitamin A and it also improves vision.So this is the best way to serve the dish to kids or adults.Happy weekend friends and have a Blasting Diwali!
Cardamom powder-a pinch
- Wash,peel and grate carrots,take a kadai,add grated carrot,milk and bring to a boil.
- Cook on slow fire,stirring occasionally till the milk dries up.
- Add milkmaid and cook on cook on slow fire till dry (20 minutes) stirring occasionally.
- Add ghee and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Garnish with roasted nuts and cardamom powder.
- To roast nuts take a tsp of ghee in a small pan and roast till light brown.
- Serve it hot or cold or with ice cream,choice is yours.