I adapted this recipe from Kudpiraj’s Garam Tawa.When my dear friend Kudpi maam posted this dish in his blog I drooled at the first sight itself and wanted to prepare it immediately.This is indeed a very tasty dish and reminds me of restaurant style ginger prawns.I modified the recipe with slight changes as per my needs.For step wise details of this recipe please visit Kudpiraj’s Garam tawa.Thanks a lot maam for this wonderful recipe.When it comes to seafood I’m no less than a cat,lol..I can just live on seafood….Please do try this finger licking recipe.
Ginger garlic paste-1 tbsp
Cumin powder-1/4 tsp
Coriander powder-1 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Onions- 2 (deep fried and paste)
Kasuri methi(dried fenugreek leaves)-1 tsp
Tomato sauce-1 tsp
Oil- 2 tbsp
Coriander leaves –to garnish
- Marinade the prawns with vinegar,salt and pepper powder for an hour.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry brown onion paste for a minute.
- Fry ginger garlic paste for a minute,add all the powders,tomato puree,sugar and saute until the oil separates.
- Add tomato sauce,prawns,kasuri methi and salt to taste and cook till done.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve it hot with roti or rice.