Coconut-1 big (grated)
Long red chillies(fried)-7-8
Short red chillies(fried)-6-7
Water -to grind the masala
- Grind all the ingredients to a very fine paste.
- I grind the masala in the grinder if it is large quantity and especially for the seafood preparation.
- You may adjust the coconut gratings and chiilies as per the dish.
- We prepare several dishes using this as the base masala.
- We also fry the long and short red chillies in oil and store it.
- To fry long chillies just heat some oil in a wok and roast the chillies until crisp.
- Dont add too much water while grinding masala.