Jeera rice is a Indian rice flavored with cumin seeds.This rice is very famous in North India .The best combination for this dish is dal fry or dal makhni .Cumin seeds or jeera is very good for health especially for digestion,so we use in our everyday food in most of our dishes in some form or the other.So it has lot of medicinal benefits.This dish is very easy to prepare .I have used the pressure cooker for the preparation,but you may cook it in a broad vessel too.I love cooking rice delicacies and this is one of my signature dish.Please do try friends.
Basmathi rice-1 cup
Onions-2 chopped lengthwise
Jeera(cumin seeds)-2 tsp
- Wash the rice thoroughly and keep it aside.
- Take a pressure cooker, heat ghee and add jeera..
- When it is slightly brown add onions and fry till translucent.
- Add cashewnuts and fry for a second.
- Add rice and salt to taste.
- Add water and close the lid.
- Off the flame exactly after 1 whistle.
- Open the lid once the pressure releases and stir it carefully.
- Serve it hot with dal fry.
- For variations you may add green peas.