Kolmino patio is a Parsi/Iranian preparation. Kolmino patio is basically a sweet and sour prawn curry.I came across this dish from Nutans blog.We were given a task to prepare this dish in the Fb food group on bloggers day by Nutan .I just love trying new recipes and I was happy to see this recipe. Nutan has explained the recipe step wise beautifully. And believe me this dish turned to be a super hit at my place. Only thing I changed in the recipe is I reduced the sweetness since we love spicy curry.
Prawns ( big size)- 50 ( shelled, deveined & cleaned ).
Onions – 3 ( sliced thinly ).
Onions – 8 ( chopped ).
Fresh coriander leaves – 1/4 cup.
Salt to taste.
Oil – 4 tbsp.
Grind to a paste :-
Garlic flakes – 15
Kashmiri red chilly powder – 2 tsp
Chilly powder – 1 tsp(Normal chilly powder)
Turmeric powder -1 tsp
Tamarind – 1 medium sized ball ( soaked in water, pulp extracted ).
Cumin seeds – 4 tsp
Jaggery – 4 tbsp ( grated )
1. In a pan heat oil and fry sliced onions till golden brown.
2. Add ground masala,fry well.
3. Add prawns & stir well till coated with masala.
4. Add chopped onions, coriander leaves, salt and stir well.
5. Next add water (about 1/2 to 1 cup ) and let prawns cook.
6. Cover and cook till aroma spreads & the masala gets glazy look.
7. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves & serve hot with steamed rice