Pudina paratha is a mint flavored paratha prepared with whole wheat flour.Mint is one of the oldest herb which has a strong flavor.It has many health benefits.I adapted this recipe from Nita mehta’s cookery book.This roti goes well with Dum Aloo or any North Indian gravies.
Atta(whole wheat flour)-2 cups
Red chillly powder-1/2 tsp
- Mix atta with ingredients except pudina.
- Add enough water to make a dough of rolling consistency.
- Make walnut sized balls and roll out to make a thick chapathi.
- Spread 1 tsp ghee all over and cut a slit as shown in the picture(from the outer edge till the centre).
- Start rolling from the slit to form a cone.
- Keeping the cone upright ,press cone gently.
- Roll out to a thick roti,sprinkle pudina and press with the rolling pin.
- Cook on a tawa,frying on both the sides or apply some water on the back side of roti and stick it in a hot tandoor.
- Serve hot with gravy of your choice.