Dingri is a kind of mushroom cultivated in Punjab from October to March.There are different kinds of mushrooms cultivated in India and dingri is one among them.Mushrooms have a lot of medical benefits.Some of the mushrooms are not edible,so it is advised to consume certified mushrooms.At our place my kids like mushrooms in any form.The mushroom used in my recipe here is normal button mushrooms,but since I liked the name dingri,and since it sounded good I stuck to the same.This dish is very royal,creamy and finger licking.This dish became a super hit at our place.So enjoy this Shahi dish royally with your favorite naan,roti or rice.
Mushrooms-1 packet(200 gms)
Paneer or cottage cheese-200 gms
Chilly powder-1-2 tsp
Coriander powder-1 tsp
Garam masala powder-1 tsp
Turmeric powder-a pinch
Cinnamon-1/4 inch piece
- Heat the oil in a kadai and deep fry the sliced onion till well browned.
- Cool it and grind to a smooth paste.
- Paste the dry fruits separately and keep it aside.
- Powder peppercorns,cardamom and cinnamon in a mortar and pestle.
- Heat the ghee in a pan add diced mushrooms and saute for few minutes.
- Add brown onion paste,powdered spices,turmeric powder,chilly powder,coriander powder and garam masala powder and saute for a minute.
- Stir in the yogurt,cashew paste and mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Lastly add paneer,cream and cook for few minutes in simmer.
- Garnish with roasted cashews.(optional)