Wiki says couscous is a Maghrebian dish made of semolina and served with meat or vegetables.It is the favorite dish of French people too.Google says couscous originates from North Africa.I had this packet lying in my pantry since few days which my sister had brought from Middle East.And today’s theme in the FB food group was beans.Beans stir fry,masala was again a big NO to me.Decided on trying out Beans golden bag,but somebody already posted it with Beet yesterday,so was disappointed and was in a fix what to prepare.Suddenly it reminded me of couscous and I said why not couscous ?Thus I created this healthy Beans and veggie couscous.This recipe is so easy to prepare and couscous cooks in a jiffy,not sticky like Fine semolina.I had also seen couscous with different colors in Canada….This dish is the Indian version of our Vegetable Rulav or upma.
Red capsicum-2 tsp
Green capsicum-2 tsp
Yellow capsicum-2 tsp
Yellow squash-2 tsp
Green zucchini-2 tsp
Chilly flakes-1 tsp
Garlic powder-1 tsp
- Chop all the veggies and wash it thoroughly.
- Heat ghee in a pan and saute all the veggies.
- Saute in high flame for 5 minutes or more.
- Add water and take a boil.
- Add garlic powder,chilly flakes and salt to taste.
- Add couscous and stir it and cook till done.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
One more view