There was a time when I used to live on chicken,and Chicken 65 was one of my favorite dish after chicken ghee roast.I used to really hog on it.But now it is just the opposite I only cook for my family but don’t hog.Tastes varies with the time.Wiki says it a South Indian, especially Chennai bar starter,which is spicy in taste and deep fried.For more interesting information on the dish refer Wiki.If you have all the powders ready it is a very simple and a easy preparation.
Ingredients to marinade:
Chicken-1 kg,diced into medium sized cubes
Ginger garlic paste-2 tsp
Chilly powder-3 tsp
Coriander powder-1 tsp
Cumin powder-1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Gram flour-4 tsp
Rice flour-2 tsp
Ingredients for sauce:
Tomato sauce-4 tsp
Curry leaves-15 leaves,chopped
- Marinate the chicken with all the ingredients written under marinade for 4-5 hours or overnight.
- Heat oil and deep fry the marinated chicken.
- Heat 3tsp oil in a separate pan and fry the minced ginger and garlic for a minute.
- Add curry leaves and cashewnuts,chicken and salt to taste and saute for few more minutes.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves and serve hot.
- You may relish it without the sauce procedure.
- You may also add chopped green chillies for extra spice.