Christmas time is incomplete without a fruit and nut cake.This was in my list since a long time and have bookmarked several other recipes.I got to try few more recipes of the same.Every baking experience is teaching me new things.One mistake I often commit is that I start baking in the evening and cant resist until the cake gets cooled completely and goof up and unmould it in a hurry….The cake tasted awesome and the house was smelling good with the fragrance of cinnamon and fruits.I picked up this recipe because it was very simple and looked tasty.One more reason I wanted to bake this cake because I got my brand new bread loaf tin day before yesterday from Kamath and Co and wanted to inaugurate it.Thanks again hubby dear.Poor fellow personally went and bought it for me.Since I goofed up many times while baking this cake I thought I wont share this cake this time,but then tastewise it was superb ,so thought of sharing it.Please let the cake completely cool before you unmould and slice.This cake batter will make a nice Bundt cake.
Maida(All purposr flour)-1 3/4 cup
- In a saucepan,add 2 cups of water and add fruits and nuts ,cover the pan with a lid and cook on medium heat for exactly 10 minutes.
- Pour water with fruits into a large mixing bowl.
- Add butter and mix until melted,allow to cool for about 10 minutes or until completely cooled.
- Add vanilla essence and give it a mix.
- Preheat the oven to 180 deg C/350 deg F.
- In a separate bowl,sieve and combine all the dry ingredients.
- Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Grease a pan and add the batter and bake for 40 -45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean while you insert it in the centre.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 30 minutes and flip out onto a baking rack to further cool.
My cake tin was little small and batter was more,but it didn’t spill out as it was eggless,I felt it was better I used a different tin,but I took the risk as it was eggless and was assured that the cake wouldn’t raise,but I could not cut beautiful slices,that was the drawback.
I also unmoulded the cake soon which slightly broke(almost half broke lol).
So next time I promise myself to bake patiently and wait until the cake gets cooled completely and then slice
Last but not the least the cake tasted excellent and for that I get full marks,haha.
Until then Happy baking !