Mustard seeds-1 tsp
Curry leaves-3-4 sprigs
Chilly powder-4 tsp
Tamarind -double the marble sized (pulp)
Oil-to deep fry
Oil-2 tsp for the seasoning
- Chop the bittergourd into very small cubes.
- Apply salt to the bitter gourd and keep it aside for 2-3 hours.
- Squeeze all the water from it,heat oil and deep fry till brown and crisp.
- Take a pan and heat 2 tsp oil,splutter mustard seeds,add curry leaves and simmer the flame.
- Add asafoetida,chilly powder and saute for a minute.
- Add tamarind pulp ,water,salt to taste and take a boil.
- Cool the gravy and add the fried bittergourd as much as needed.
- Leftover deep fried bittergourd may be stored until next use.
- Please refrigerate the pickle after use.
- Adjust the spice as per your taste.