WELCOME 2013!…Cake!Cake!Yes,one more cake.What better way to celebrate and welcome new year than this beautiful cake.Well,well, this cake was exclusively baked for experimenting the cake decoration.My childhood baker buddy L, who presently lives in Botswana,has come down to Mangalore and guess what is our daily discussion about,yes it is cakes,bakes and
makes,lol .We talk only about cakes,cake tins, cake ingredients and cake decoration.Well, I have learnt a lot from her on baking .She asked me to keep a cake ready coz she was expected to be at our place the next day and I wanted to bake something new which I hadn’t baked before and my vision fell on this beautiful cake baked by my FB friend Rajni Kamath in a FB food group and I decided this is it.The cake came out very good,soft and moist.Thanks Rajni for this wonderful recipe….With great difficulty I protected the cake for almost 3/4 th day,uffffff,lol,also had to bear my daughters kitpit as usual ,that why I didn’t bake 2 cakes and blah, blah ,lol.
- Sieve maida,baking powder and baking soda and keep it aside.
- Place sugar and eggs in a bowl and beat it with an electric beater till slightly thick and frothy and light in color.
- Add oil and mix steadily, then add boiling water and mix for 45 seconds.
- Now slowly add sieved maida mixture little by little and adjust the speed to medium and beat for few minutes.
- Now add the cocoa powder and mix it.
- Pre heat the oven at 180 deg F for 15 minutes and bake for 40 minutes.