Moong dal Sheera/halwa was again prepared for the theme fest in a fb food group where we were given a common recipe.I prepared this recipe for the first time and the taste was awesome.I prepared both halwa and sheera. This halwa is a delicacy of Rajasthan. I tasted this halwa in Rajasthani thalis and is one of my favorite halwa. There is a Konkani version of this sweet known as broken wheat kichdi (Gonva kani kichdi)which is replica of this sweety. Well today my Baby blog is two months old and I thank each and every one for the support and encouraging words,which means a lot to me.
- Dry roast moong dal and powder it coarsely.
- Transfer it to a thick bottomed pan and add water and cook for sometime.
- Add boiled milk, cook it in simmer till the dal turns soft.
- Add sugar and continuously stir it ,add saffron solution,ghee,cardamom powder and cook till the moisture has been absorbed.
- Grease a borosil dish or a thali with ghee,spread the sheera and allow it to set for sometime.
- Once cooled cut it into desired shapes.