Sungta khala upkari was again the second dish prepared on Aparna’s day in Fb food group and the first dish was Tangy babycorn and paneer masala. Sungta means prawns.This is basically a Keralite dish,but don’t know more about the history.This is a spicy prawn pickle.My son relished it until it got over.Please refer here for the detailed recipe.Goes well with rice.
Roasted red chillies-20
Tamarind- lemon sized
Mustard seeds-1 tsp
Salt –to taste
- Clean,wash and devein the prawns.
- Cook in little water.
- Grind the red chillies and tamarind to a fine paste.
- Add this paste to the cooked prawns.
- Boil and then simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add hing and again take a boil.
- Heat the coconut oil and season mustard seeds.
- Add this to the prawns.
- Serve hot with rice.