Sungta song is a prawn pickle,where traditionally it is cooked with potatoes.I tried this
dish song ,since I had left over diced onions in the fridge and I wanted to finish it soon and this idea struck me. Sungta means prawns. Please don’t confuse this song with SONG (Singing). But if you eat this song you will definitely sing a song. Lol,yes this is a very spicy preparation. Well, in song preparation onions are diced into medium chunks.Even pannaphkari preparation is somewhat similar but the only difference in pannaphkari is onions are chopped finely and fried until red and thin gravy is prepared and in song onions are medium fried and are kept crisp and gravy is dry.So a slight twist I can say.Please check my Raja pannaphkari .
Prawns-35,tiger prawns or 100 medium ones
Onions-4 ,diced into squares
Chilly powder-4 tsp
Tamarind pulp-double the marble sized
Salt to taste
Coconut oil-2 tbsp
- Heat oil in a pan,fry onions until translucent.
- Simmer the flame,add chilly powder and fry for few seconds carefully.
- Add tamarind pulp,little water(You may use prawn stock also) and salt to taste.
- High the flame,take a boil,thenlower the flame until the prawns get cooked.
- Keep the dish dry just like batate song.
- Relish it with rice or roti.