I have been baking this cake for more than 10 years and is one of my signature cake.This cake tastes excellent and an eggless too.This time I baked it in a heart shape which symbolizes love, and Christmas is a joyous season filled with happiness and love…We also decorated the Christmas tree yesterday and have made a beautiful crib which we have been making for the past 12 years.Our Christmas tree has grown into a beautiful tall tree now.Santa
my husband has also showered gifts to my kids,niece and nephew with loads of love…Merry Christmas friends and wishing each and everyone a Joyous year ahead!
Recipe adapted from:Nita mehta’s cook book
Fresh cream-1 cup
Maida(all purpose flour)-1 ½ tbsp less than 2 cups
Sugar-1 cup(150 gm)
Soda bicarb(baking soda)-1 tsp
Baking powder-1/2 tsp
Vanilla essence-1 tsp
- Sieve baking powder,maida and baking soda.
- Mix sugar and fresh cream in a pan,leave it for 5- 10 minutes,mix well until sugar dissolves.
- Do not over beat,mix maida and essence.
- Add milk as much as needed to obtain a dropping consistency,beat well.
- Pout into a pre prepared 7” *4” or 7” round tin ,preheat the oven at 210 deg C .
- Bake at 210 deg C for 10 minutes and then lower the temperature to 150 deg C and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or till the cake is done.
The recipe called for ½ to ¾ cup of milk,I used nearly half cup,don’t add all the milk at once,add it as you want,little by little.
Baking time and temperature varies in every oven.
Insert a toothpick at the centre of the cake after the given time of baking ,if it comes out clean the cake is done.
The cake will raise and will be fluffy.
I used a heart shaped baking tin.
I used Amul fresh cream.
I did not use the electric beater while mixing the batter,just a spatula would be fine.
Don’t overbeat the cream as it may curdle.