Cheese and aaloo paratha is an exotic paratha which the kids and elders will both enjoy.This yummy paratha can be savored with curds,gravy or just like that.This is a very healthy paratha and makes the best recipe for the kids tiffin. Paratha is originally a flat bread from Punjab and Punjabi’s make the best paratha’s. This paratha is my daughters favorite paratha.You may use your own imagination and make different stuffing.
Ingredients for the stuffing:
Potatoes-6,boiled and grated
Green chillies-3,chopped finely
Coriander leaves-2 tbsp,chopped finely
Garam masala powder-1/2 tsp
Coriander powder-1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Whole wheat flour-2 cups
Water- as much need to knead(warm)
Salt – to taste
- Knead whole wheat flour,salt,butter and water to a soft dough and cover and keep it aside for 30 minutes.
- For the stuffing heat oil in a pan and fry onions until light pick in color.
- Add all the powders,potato,salt and green chilly and coriander leaves.
- The mixture is ready and cool it.
- Once the mixture gets cooled add the grated cheese and mix it.
- Now pinch equal sized balls out of the dough as well as the mixture.
- Take a rolling pin and roll a small disc and place the stuffing in the centre,seal it completely by gathering the sides and roll it into a thick paratha.
- Heat a griddle ,add ghee and fry the paratha on both the sides until brown in color.
- Serve it hot with curds or any gravy.