I adapted this recipe from my friend Kudupi raj maams blog.Well I had thought I had already posted this in my blog and today I found that I didn’t. I usually prepare Sanjeev Kapoors recipe but this recipe of Maam looked so interesting and tempting I had to try this and it was truly mindblowing.I had first tasted this dish in Calicut in a restaurant and second time I tasted when my cousin Divya had prepared Sanjeev Kapoors recipe,with little variations of hers , in Bangalore and both the taste still tickles my tastebuds… For more information on this recipe refer Kudupraj’s Garam Tawa blog.
Poppy seeds-2 tsp
Grated coconut-1/2 cup
Fennel seeds-1 tsp
Coriander seeds-1 tsp
Cumin seeds-1/2 tsp
Whole red chillies-6-8
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Red chilly powder-1 tsp
Fresh coriander leaves-a handful
Oil or ghee-2-3 tbsp
- Clean the chicken,remove the skin and cut into 12 pieces.
- Chop the onions and tomatoes separately.
- Roast the whole red chillies,grated coconut,poppy seeds,cumin seeds,green cardamom,cloves,cinnamon,star anise,fennel seeds in oil/ghee and grind it along with ginger and garlic.
- Heat oil/ghee fry the onions till golden,add bay leaf,ground paste and saute for sometime.
- Add the tomatoes,red chilly powder and turmeric powder.
- Add the chicken,mix and cook for 5 minutes,then add 2 cups of water and lemon juice.
- Cover and cook until chicken is done.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.