Oh my! this cake is such a beauty..Ever since I saw this cake in Divyas blog I wanted to bake it the same time,but I didn’t have a proper Bundt tin as I wanted it, then.I ordered the silicone bundt pan online India few days back and I got it a week later after I ordered .This is the first time I baked in a silicone pan and I am so glad the result came out excellent. When I unmoulded the cake ,it came out smoothly just like a set jelly without a crack…Few years back my friend L had introduced me to her co sister’s Easy cooking blog.Ever since that I always admired her baking skills and visited her blog to the maximum.She is one of my true inspiration for my blog too.I have bookmarked many recipes from her blog which I will try out in the coming days.Thank you Divya for your wonderful Easy Baking recipes and thanks L for introducing me to her blog.The cake come out soft and tasty, but my daughter likes chocolaty cakes,so got to try some chocolate recipes with this mould soon. I dedicate this cake to Divya Kudua for giving us wonderful recipes and Happy 3rd month bday to my
baby blog !
- Preheat the oven to 160 deg C/325 deg F.
- Sieve all the dry ingredients together and keep it aside.
- Grease and line a 7” round cake cake tin.(I used Bundt pan).
- In a sauce pan,heat the milk,add in the sugar and melt it completely,switch off the flame and cool to room temperature.
- Add in the custard powder and whisk well.
- Put in the butter and whisk it further.
- Add in the flour mixture little by little and beat it until smooth removing all the lumps.
- Add the essence and fold in the cherries and mix it until it gets blended well.
- Pour in the prepared batter into the greased cake tin and bake for 30-35 minutes,insert the toothpick at the centre of the cake,if it comes out clean ,the cake is done.
- The recipe called for 55-60 minutes baking time,but mine baked within 35 minutes.