Gulla means brinjal .Gulla bhajji is a popular GSB dish.This is prepared by boiling the brinjal and tomatoes,second method is by roasting the brinjal which I will post in the coming days.My aayi(grandma) used to prepare this dish very often.This goes well with lunch or dinner as an accompaniment.I like to eat it chilled.There are 2 combinations with this recipe.Either you may add onion or asafoetida,both gives different taste.
- Wash and cut the brinjal into 4 pieces,cook it in cooker for 2 whistles along with tomato until it gets cooked(don’t overcook).
- Once cooled peel both the tomato and the brinjal.
- Smash it with your hand,add salt to taste,chopped onion,minced green chilly and coriander leaves.
- Add coconut oil and mix it.
- Use it immediately or refrigerate for the longer use.
- You may also add 1/4 tsp asafoetida instead of onions.