Murgh makhmali kebabs is a creamy chicken starter flavoured with cheese which is served in most of the restaurants under different names like murg malai tikka or tikka. Traditionally it is cooked in the tandoor which gives an extra punch in taste and aroma.You may prepare this dish with veggies like paneer,babycorn,potato or even with the fish.This is very similar to murg malai tikka.You may also add hung curds or cashew paste as variations to get more creamy taste.
Chicken -1/2 kg,boneless,cut into medium sized cubes
Ginger garlic paste-2 tsp
Pepper powder-1/2 tsp,coarsely powdered
Coriander powder-1/4 tsp
Garam masala powder-1/4 tsp
Coriander leaves-2 tbsp,chopped
Green chillies-2-3,chopped finely
Nutmeg powder-1/4 tsp
Butter-2-3 tbsp to coat
- Marinate the chicken with salt and lime juice and keep it aside for 15 minutes.
- Mix all the ingredients under the same except and marinate the chicken.
- Coat the chicken well and keep it overnight or 2 -3 hours.
- Skewer the chicken pieces and grill it in a preheated oven for 30 minutes at 160 deg C or until done.
- Baste the chicken with butter in between while the grilling process is on.
- Once done remove it from the oven and brush it with butter.
- Serve it hot with green chutney.