Palak means spinach and paneer means cottage cheese.This is a popular North Indian dish and is famous all over the globe.As kids we were exposed to very few North Indian dishes out of it, this was one of them or can say only dish.This used to be my both the sisters favourite dish.Palak has a rich source of iron and Paneer has a great source of protein so this is a very healthy dish and best way to serve the kids since it has a vibrant green color too.
Paneer(cottage cheese)-100 g
Ginger garlic paste-2 tsp
Garam masala powder-1 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Cardamom -2,powder it
Fresh cream-1/4 cup
Salt to taste
Ghee or butter-2 tbsp
- Blanch palak in hot water and keep it on flame in simmer for 10 minutes,take it off the flame,run it under cold water and grind it to a fine paste along with green chillies.
- Heat ghee in a pan and fry onions paste until raw smell disappears.
- Add ginger garlic paste,tomato paste,palak paste,garam masala powder and turmeric powder and saute for few more minutes.
- Add salt to taste and fresh cream and take a boil.
- Lastly add cardamom powder and mix it.