I first saw this pathrode /pathrade recipe in the TV cookery show by my favorite chef none other than Sanjeev Kapoor. Khana khazana was the first cookery show that I ever watched, enjoyed and used to never miss a single episode and used to jot down the recipe and miss many ingredients because of my slow speed in writing. I first tried his biryani recipe when I was in college and it turned out to be super spicy, but yet tasty. How can anyone forget his famous dish Shaam savera . His show was truly magical. My dream is to meet him someday… We,GSB s are famous in preparing Colocasia or taro leaves pathrode. My sister D who lives in Canada makes the best pathrode with Chard leaves. Traditional way is very different from this method.
Ingredients to marinade:
Bengal gram flour-1/2 cup
Chilly powder-1 tsp
Rice flour-2 tbsp
Oil-to roast pathrade
Rice flour-1/4 cup approx
- Wash,clean and chop the spinach leaves.
- Drain the water completely and add all the above ingredients under marinade.
- Bind the mixture until it forms a lump like mixture and shape it into oblong shape.(Check the pic).
- Steam it for 10- 12 minutes and then remove it out.
- Cool for few minutes,cut it into slices,dust it in rice flour and shallow fry it in a griddle adding oil and roast until crisp.
- You may also deep fry the pathrade.