I prepared this paratha last week for our lunch accompanied with Shahi paneer.Though I m not a paneer lover,I just love to cook paneer delicacies for my Kids.Paneer or cottage cheese is a rich source of protein.This is a popular dish of North India.Goes well with any gravy.
Whole wheat flour(atta)-2 cups
Water-1 cup approx
Kasuri methi-2 tsp
Green chilly-1,chopped finely
Red chilly powder-3/4 tsp
Garam masala powder-3/4 tsp
- Make a soft dough with atta,salt,kasuri methi and water,keep aside for half an hour.
- Mix all the ingredients of the filling and keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal parts,shape it into round balls.
- Flatten each ball,roll out each into 5” diameter.
- Spread a tsp of ghee over the roti(optional),then spread the filling all over.
- Make a slit,starting from the centre till any one of the end.
- Start rolling from the slit to form an even cone.
- Keeping the cone upright ,press slightly.
- Roll out,applying the pressure only at the centre,do not roll or press too much on the edges,otherwise the layers of the paratha do not separate after cooking.
- Heat a tawa,add ghee and roast the paratha on both the sides until brown in color.
- Serve it with gravy of your choice,I served it with shahi paneer.