I found this recipe in my old hand written recipe book.This recipe was shared by my neighbor when I was in college which she had got it through her sister.I prepared this egg curry after many years.I named this as South Indian style egg curry because Indian masala s and curry leaves are used in this dish.This dish goes well with chapati,rice or Idiyappam.
Eggs-8,boiled and halved
Chilly powder-1 tsp
Ginger paste-1/2 tsp or grated ginger
Coconut milk-1 cup
Water -1 cup
Ghee or oil-2 tbsp
Curry leaves-5 sprigs
Mustard seeds-1/2 tsp
Coriander leaves-2 tbsp,chopped
- Heat ghee or a oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds,add curry leaves and fry for a minute.
- Add ginger paste and fry for a second,add onions,green chillies and fry until translucent.
- Add tomatoes,haldi powder,coriander powder ,chilly powder and fry for sometime in low flame.
- Add coconut milk and take a small boil,add water, boiled eggs and salt to taste.
- Keep in simmer for 5 minutes and garnish with coriander leaves.