Whole wheat flour-2 cups (approx)
Oil-to deep fry
- Mince green chillies and coriander leaves in the blender.
- Take the water in a broad vessel and add salt and sugar and dissolve it.
- Add the green chilly mince and add keep adding flour as much as needed and make a medium stiff dough.
- Don’t add all the flour at once,I added as much as the water could hold the flour.
- Cover and keep it aside for 30 minutes.
- Punch the dough again and pinch small balls from the dough,roll it into round discs,thinly.
- Heat oil and drop the puris in hot oil and use a perforated ladle and press at the centre of the puri immediately after you drop the puris in oil,in order to get a puffed puri.
- Use a kitchen towel to drain the excess oil once the puris are fried and then serve it hot with Potato bhaji and filter caapi(coffee).
Don’t roll it very thick or else the puris will become soggy and wont puff up.
I prepared Sukka batata bhaji(dry potato bhaji) as the combination.
Theek rotti s wont get puffed much as a normal puri,so do not worry.