Tomato rice is one of my daughters favorite rice.I have been preparing this easy peasy recipe since many years.This recipe was shared to me by my neighbor .Again as usual I found this picture in one of my folder and I’m sharing it with you’ll.This rice can be had as a breakfast and makes a great tiffin recipe too.Goes well with raita.
Basmathi rice-1 cup
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Garam masala powder-1 tsp
Ginger garlic paste-2 tsp
Chilly powder-1 tsp
Ghee- 2 tbsp
- Wash the rice and soak for 20 minutes,drain and keep it aside.
- Heat ghee in a pressure cooker and fry onions until translucent.
- Add tomato paste,ginger garlic paste and all the powders and saute for sometime.
- Add soaked rice, Cashewnuts,salt to taste,coriander leaves and water.
- Take a boil,check salt and close the lid,exactly take a whistle and off the flame.