Split black gram dal(Urad dal)-1/2 cup
Dosa rice-3/4 cup
All purpose flour(maida)-1 1/2 cups
Ghee-to smear the dosa
- Soak the dal and rice separately in water for 3-4 hours.
- Grind it in a blender or a grinder separately.
- Mix both the batters together.
- Keep it out in the night to ferment overnight or 5-6 hours.
- Transfer the maida in a wide vessel and fill it with water (7-8 cups),see that there are no lumps and let it soak in water overnight.(Mix the maida with a ladle or use your hands to mix in water)
- Next day the maida will be settled down beneath the vessel,carefully discard the water and mix the maida batter to the above dal batter and beat it well.
- Add salt to taste,adjust the batter to a medium consistency,not very thick nor thin.
- You may add the salt in the dal batter previous night itself.
- Heat the tawa,clean it with a wet cloth,and spread a ladle of batter evenly or thinly to a round shape.
- Drizzle it with ghee and close it with a lid,after a minute or two,open the lid and flip the dosa to the other side and roast it until crisp and brown.
- Everytime you spread dosa wipe the tawa with a clean, wet cloth so that the dosa gets spread easily.
- Relish it hot with chutney and coffee.