Recipe adapted from:Easycooking
Original recipe:Divine taste
All purpose flour-200 g(1 3/4 cup)
Cocoa powder-50 g(1/2 cup)
Milkmaid-1 tin,400 g
Vanilla essence-1 tsp
Baking powder-2 tsp
Baking soda-1 tsp
- Grease and line a 9″ square tin with a butter paper.
- Pre heat the oven at 150 deg C for 15 minutes.
- Sieve all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Make a well at the centre of the dry mixture and add all the wet ingredients and using an electric beater beat it until smooth and see there are no lumps.
- Don’t over beat the batter as the texture of the cake might turn hard.
- Pour the cake into the greased cake tin and bake it for an hour at 150 deg C.
- Cool the cake for few minutes and turn it upside down,cool it completely before you cut the cake into pieces.
- Please keep checking the cake between the intervals and insert a bamboo stick at the centre to check if it is baked,if the stick comes out clean the cake is baked.
- You may also decorate the cake with icing or just sprinkle powdered sugar.