Ingredients to be soaked:
Black gram dal(urad dal)-1 cup
Dosa rice-3 cups
Bengal gram dal-2 tbsp
Thick poha or beaten rice- 1/2 cup
Ghee- to roast dosa
Masala dosa garlic chutney-1/4 cup or as much as needed.
- Soak all the ingredients except beaten rice for 5-6 hours or overnight.
- Once it is soaked wash the soaked ingredients,drain water,soak the beaten rice for 10 minutes.
- Grind all the ingredients along with soaked beaten rice to a smooth batter.
- Ferment the batter overnight or 6-7 hours.
- Next morning adjust the consistency of the batter,add salt and sugar to taste.
- Heat the tawa,wipe it with a damp cloth,take a ladle of batter and spread it thinly.
- Drizzle a tsp of ghee all over the dosa and close the lid.
- After 2 minutes, once the dosa is cooked and roasted (brown spots appears on the top),open the lid,spread a tsp of chutney all over the dosa,fold the dosa and fry on the opposite side once and serve it crisp and hot.
- You may also prepare masala dosa with this dosa batter.
- Every time you spread the dosa wipe it with a damp cloth.