After the fun filled day people visit their friends and relatives and exchange sweets.This festival is commonly celebrated in North India and in Mumbai.People of all the religion and community take part in the festival and it spreads the spirit of integrity in the society. Holi is one of the major festival of India where entire country wears an festive look.Women folks in North India start their prior preparation by preparing Gujias,namkeens etc in advance.I had many things in mind, but this season I’m always stuck with my kids exams…The common drink prepared is Thandai where bhang is added to the drink originally.But my recipe here is alcohol free.Happy Holi everyone!
Milk -1 lt
Khus khus -2 tbsp
Fennel seeds-2 tbsp
Sugar-1/2 cup approx
- Powder all the ingredients except milk.
- Boil milk and cool it completely.
- Mix the powder to the milk and chill it.
- You may also strain the mixture,but I prefer to keep it just like that to retain the thick texture.
- Garnish with few rose petals.