Recipe adapted from:divyascookbook.com
Fat free milk – 1/2 litre
Sugar – 4-5 tsp[or to taste](I added 1/2 cup approx)
Almonds – 20,blanched
Carrot – 1 small,cubed
Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
Saffron strands – a few to garnish(I added saffron dissolved in milk during the cooking process)
Almonds chopped-a handful[optional]
- Make a paste of blanched almonds with 2-3 tbsp milk until it becomes a smooth paste,keep aside.
- Cook the carrots in a pressure cooker till soft,add a few tsp of milk and blend into a smooth paste.
- Boil the milk with sugar and add the nut and carrot pastes,let it cook for 5-7 minutes on slow heat to let the nuts cook.
- Mix in the cardamom powder and chopped nuts.
- Garnish with saffron strands and serve chilled.