All purpose flour(maida)-2 cups
Water or milk-1 cup
Salt- to taste
White sesame seeds(til)-2 tsp
Parsley-2 -3 tsp
Butter-as much as needed to apply to the naan
- Mix yeast and sugar in lukewarm water and leave it aside for 10 minutes to proof.
- Once it starts to bubble add maida,salt and curds and start kneading the dough.
- Add melted butter and knead it further.
- Keep it aside for an hour in warm place.( I kept it in the microwave).
- After an hour the dough will rise,punch it again mildly,do balls,flatten it,dip it in white til and parsley and roll it into a naan.
- Roll it thick,pull one end of the roti to get an oval shape.
- Fry it in a griddle on both the side.
- Once done you may also roast it directly on the flame with the help of the tongs,apply butter on both the sides of the naan.
- You may also cook it in a pre heated oven until it browns at 180 degree C on the broiler mode applying little butter on top,once you see the the brown spots appear flip it on the opposite side and repeat the procedure.