Chicken: 1 kg
Kashmiri red chillies: 20
Ginger paste: 1 1/2 tsp
Garlic paste: 1 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder: 1 1/2 tsp
Garam masala: 1tsp
Tomatoes: 2 Salt to taste
Coriander leaves-for garnishing
1. Deseed the chilies and soak in water for half an hour.
2. Grind to a fine paste along with the onions.
3. Heat oil in a pan or cooker and add the ground paste, along with the ginger, garlic paste,fry until the colour darkens.
4. Add the chopped tomatoes and cook until pulpy.
5. Add the powdered masalas, salt and chicken.
6. Cook until chicken is done.,add water if required,if you are using pressure cooker method,take a whistle,simmer for 6-7 minutes and off the flame.
7. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with rotis or parathas.