Whole wheat flour-3 cups
Sugar powdered-2 cups
Ghee-2 1/2 cups approx
- Take a thick bottomed kadai add ghee,melt it add whole wheat flour and roast it in low flame until you get a nice aroma or until it browns.
- The roasting will take nearly one hour,keep stirring until then.
- Cool the mixture completely and mix the sugar powder and cardamom powder and remove any lumps if any.
- Take 1 tbsp of mixture or a fistful and compress it in your right hand palm tightly and make ladoos,releasing the excess mixture.
- Once the ladoos turns tight, shape it lightly with the help of your fingertips in a clockwise direction delicately.
- Keep the ladoos in an airtight container.
- The ladoos can be stored for a month at room temperature.
Add more ghee if you find it is difficult to form ladoos.
You may add less ghee and try to form ladoos if you feel ghee is more and add later little by little until you get the right texture.
Please take extra care while roasting the wheat flour so that it doesn’t get burnt.