Recipe adapted from:justindianfood.com
Haddock fish fillet-500 gms(I used pomfret)
Besan (Gram flour)-3/4 cup
Ginger garlic paste-1 tbsp
Chilly powder-2-3 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Amchur powder-1 tsp
Tamarind paste-1/2 tsp
Garam masala powder-1 tsp
Badishep(fennel seeds) powder-1 tsp
Salt- to taste
Oil-to deep fry
- Clean the fish slices,make a paste of all the ingredients mentioned above except oil.
- Marinate the masala to the fish slices and keep it overnight in the fridge or for few hours(Half an hour is more than enough).
- Heat oil and deep fry the marinated fish until it gets cooked and brown in colour or crisp.
- Serve it hot with green chutney and salad.
- You may also add a dash of lime.