Mackerels-6,medium sized,cleaned and cut into medium pieces
Coconut oil-2-3 tbsp
To be ground:
Fried long chillies-15
Fried short chillies-5
Tamarind-2 marble sized(adjust the sourness)
Coriander seeds- 2 tsp
- Grind the ingredients mentioned under to be ground to a smooth paste using water as much as needed.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the onions until red in colour.
- Add the ground masala and saute for a minute.
- Add water,salt to taste and adjust the gravy to a semi thick consistency.
- Drop the fish pieces,adjust salt and take a boil,simmer for 6-7 minutes and cook the fish until done.
- Once the fish is slided in the gravy don’t add the spatula much.
- You may prepare this preparation with other fish like Pomfret,seer fish,prawns,sardines etc.
- Adjust the chillies according to your taste,normally this dish is spicy and a little tangy in taste.