Coriander leaves-3-4 tbsp,chopped to garnish
Ingredients for the masala:
Coconut-1 1/2 cups,grated
Short red chillies-5,roasted in a tsp of oil
Long red chillies-8,roasted in a tsp of oil
To be fried:
Coriander seeds-3 tbsp
Cumin seeds-1/4 tsp
Fennel seeds-1/2 tsp
- Fry the ingredients mentioned to be fried until light brown in colour.
- Grind the roasted ingredients along with the masala ingredients to a very fine paste.
- Heat ghee in a cooker,fry onions until translucent,add masala and fry it for few minutes in a low flame.
- Add tomatoes,salt to taste and a tbsp of coriander leaves.
- Close the lid,take 2-3 whistles,simmer for 6-7 minutes and off the flame.
- Once the pressure releases,open the lid and check salt,cook chicken if uncooked.
- If the gravy is too thin,keep the curry on high flame and adjust the consistency.
- Garnish with remaining coriander leaves.