Soya rice is a pulav made with soya chunks.Soya chunks preparation is a favorite at our place.My daughter Sanju loves this rice ,so I prepare it very often.Soya chunks are rich in protein and has many other health benefits. Soya chunks is the best substitute to chicken.Many delicacies are prepared like soya ghee roast, Manchurian to name a few.I have already posted the recipe of Masaledar soya biryani few days back.
Basmathi rice-1 cup
Soya chunks-1/2 cup
Onions-2 chopped lengthwise
Ginger garlic paste-2 tsp
Garam masala powder-1tsp
Green chillies-2 slit into two
Ghee- 3 tbsp
- Wash the basmathi rice and keep it aside.
- Soak soya chunks in medium hot water for 10 mts and drain the water completely by squeezing the chunks(it should be soft).
- Heat ghee in cooker and fry onions till translucent.
- Add ginger garlic paste,turmeric powder,garam masala powder,green chillies,tomatoes and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add washed rice,cashew bits and salt to taste.
- Add coriander leaves ,add water and close the lid.
- Take exactly one whistle and off the flame.
- Relish it with raita or gravy.