Ingredients for the sponge cake:
All purpose flour-1 1/4 cup
Baking powder-1/2 tbsp
Vanilla essence-1 tsp
Cocoa powder-1/4 cup
Ingredients for the custard:
Custard powder-3 tsp approx
Sugar- to taste
Ingredients for the fresh cream mixture:
Fresh cream-200 ml
Ingredients for the curd mixture:
Sugar- to taste
Hot water-2 tsp
Coffee powder-1 tsp
Grape juice-1/4 cup(use real or any brand)
Method for the cake:
- Preheat the oven for 180 d c and grease the baking pan.(Tray preferred)
- Sieve maida,baking powder and cocoa powder and keep it aside.
- Mix condensed milk,sugar and melted butter(melt the butter mentioned).
- Add sieved ingredients little by little and mix it well.
- Add vanilla essence and mix it,lastly add coke and mix it well.
- Add the batter in the greased pan and bake it for 25 minutes or until done.
- Cool it completely and cut it into fingers and keep it aside.
Method for the custard:
- Boil milk in a thick bottomed pan,add sugar and stir it.
- Add diluted custard powder and keep stirring until it thickens.
- Keep it aside.
Method for curd mixture:
- Transfer the curds in a muslin cloth and hang it for an hour or two.
- Transfer it in a bowl,add sugar and cream it together.
Method for the fresh cream mixture:
- Refrigerate the whipping blades in the freezer for 10 -15 minutes before hand.
- Refrigerate the fresh cream previous night and next day transfer it in a bowl,add sugar and whip it until it thickens.
- Keep it aside and refrigerate it until use.
Method for the coffee decoction:
Mix all the ingredients together and keep it ready.
How to assemble:
- Mix together fresh cream mixture,custard mixture and hung curd mixture together.
- Take a springform tin,soak the cake fingers in the coffee decoction slightly and arrange it as a base in the tin.
- Add the cream mixture and spread it all over the cake evenly.
- Repeat the procedure and the final top should be the cream mixture.
- Take a strainer and sprinkle cocoa powder all over the tiramisu.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Once set,slowly open the tin and slice it and gobble it as much as you want.