Recipe adapted from:The chef and her kitchen
Semolina-1 cup fine or coarse(Khandva suji or bombay suji or rawa)
Onion-1 big,chopped finely
Ginger-garlic paste-2 tsp
Coriander leaves-2 tbsp,chopped
Chilly powder or sambhar powder-1/2 tsp(I used Sambhar powder)
Garam masala powder-1/2 tsp(I did not use)
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Curry leaves-8-10 sprigs
Ghee- 1-2 tbsp to garnish
Salt- to taste
Water-4 cups(boiling water)1:4 ratio
Carrot-1,cut into small cubes
Green peas-1/2 cup,frozen or fresh,cooked
Ingredients for the seasoning:
Mustard seeds-1/2 tsp
Urad dhal-1/2 tsp
Chana dhal-1/4 tsp
Cumin seeds-1/4 tsp
- Dry roast the rawa until you get a nice aroma and keep it aside.
- Heat 3 tbsp ghee and roast cashewnuts until light brown in colour and keep it aside.
- In the same pan and ghee,splutter mustard seeds,add all the seasonings mentioned,fry it until light brown in colour,add green chillies,curry leaves.
- Add onions and saute it for sometime.
- Add all the veggies and cook it until it fades little bit.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute it until the raw smell disappears.
- Add all the spice powders and saute for a second.
- Now add 4 cups of boiling water and again take a boil.
- Add semolina,salt to taste,pinch of sugar and cook it stirring well.
- Close the lid and keep it for 2-3 minutes.
- Off the flame and garnish coriander leaves,roasted cashewnuts,grated coconut and lime juice.
- Serve it hot with a blob of ghee.