Nawabi paneer curry is a rich cashew based gravy which goes well with roti and rice.This gravy is a combination of paneer and green peas in a creamy gravy.I love any North Indian dishes.I found this recipe while browsing recipes on net and found it very interesting.The dish came out very good.
Recipe adapted from- Monsoon spice
Paneer-200 gms or 2 cups,cut into triangles
Green peas- 1 cup,cooked
Coriander leaves-1/2 bunch,chopped finely
Ginger garlic paste-1 ½ tsp
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Coconut milk-1 cup
Ingredients to be ground:
Cashewnuts-1/4 cup,soaked in hot water for 10-15 mts
Cinnamon-1/2 ” piece
Cumin seeds-1 tsp
- Grind all the ingredients mentioned above to a fine paste by adding very little water.
- Heat a 1 tbsp of ghee and fry the paneer pieces until light brown on both the sides.
- You may also soak the fried paneer pieces in hot water until you use, so that it remains soft.
- In the same pan heat the remaining oil and ghee and fry onions until golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste,bay leaf and fry until the raw smell disappears for about 2 minutes.
- Add the ground paste,turmeric powder,fry for 5-6 minutes or until oil separates.
- Now add the coconut milk,finely chopped coriander leaves and salt to taste.
- Reduce the heat to simmer and let the gravy come to a gentle boil,about 5-6 minutes.
- Add shallow fried paneer pieces,salt to taste,cooked green peas and capsicum.
- Adjust the seasonings,add a cup of water or more and adjust the gravy to the desired consistency.
- Simmer the gravy for few minutes and serve it hot.