Milk-2 1/2 cups
Sugar-3/4 cup or to taste
Custard powder-3 tsp,diluted in milk
Cardamom powder-1/4 tsp
Mixed nuts-2 tbsp,roasted in a tsp of ghee(I added cashewnuts and almonds)
- Peel and chop the carrots into round pieces.
- Pressure cook it for 2-3 whistles until it gets cooked.(Add water until it soaks).
- Cool it completely and puree it.
- Boil the milk,add sugar and dissolve it.
- Add carrot puree and diluted custard powder and take a boil until it thickens.
- Cool it and blend it in a blender for a smooth consistency.
- Garnish with roasted nuts,cardamom powder and serve chilled.
- You may also add Kesar(saffron).
- You may also substitute sugar with milkmaid.
- You may also blanch almonds,peel,paste it and add to the kheer.
- I added sugar sprinkles for decoration.