This is a very easy peasy procedure which hardly takes few minutes.It is better to puree the palak and store as the leaves rot very fast.Secondly it is very handy to prepare the dishes.I prepare palak paneer often so I puree and store it for my use.Sometimes small tricks saves a lot of time…..
Palak-1 bunch(15-20 leaves)
Water-3-4 cups approx
- Wash the palak well and keep the water to boil.
- Dunk the palak leaves in the boiling water and boil for 5 minutes.
- Drain the palak in a colander and keep it under the running water for 2 minutes approx.
- You may also add ice cold water.
- This is done to retain its bright green colour.
- Once the water is drained,puree it smoothly in a blender.
- Use it in Palak paneer,soups or gravies.
- You may also saute it in ghee or oil for 20-25 minutes to remove the raw smell and store it in a refrigerator.
- You may also add the puree in the ice tray and freeze it.(I have not tried).